Jewelry theft is often a crime of opportunity. Visitors in your home; workers, friends or even family members are tempted by valuables that are visible or easily accessible. Burglars are always looking for the easiest targets. Each year greater than $1 billion of jewelry disappears in North America. Protecting your valuables in a jewelry safe is just one of the steps you can take to reduce your chance of being victimized.
Do keep your jewelry safe by:
1) Installing good locks on doors and windows and using them when you leave the house and at night.
2) Permanently installing and regularly using a secure home jewelry safe.
3) Implementing a home security system and arming it every time you leave the house and at night.
4) Carrying expensive jewelry items with you on board planes, trains or ships when you travel.
5) Using a hotel safe for your expensive jewelry items whenever it is available.
Don’t risk harm to your jewelry by:
1) Leaving jewelry out on an open surface like kitchen or bathroom counter.
2) Putting jewelry in pockets where it can fall out and be lost or damaged.
3) Wearing jewelry when gardening, doing heavy chores, swimming or playing sports.
4) Storing expensive jewelry in a jewelry box or tray, unless it is inside a jewelry safe.
5) Hiding your jewelry in a “great hiding place”, burglars already know all about those “great” spots.
Our jewelry is often one of our most precious possessions, an expression of love given to us as a gift or inheritance or an investment we make after careful consideration. Regardless of how the value is derived our jewelry is worth some effort to keep it safe.
We at Maximum Security Safes would be happy to talk with you about effective ways to protect your jewelry. We offer three lines of home jewelry safes; high security, premium and value, and if you don’t find just what you want in our standard lines we are able to design a custom jewelry safe to meet your needs.
Our large safe showroom in Santa Ana, CA is a great resource for our local customers and our informational safes and security website offers help for those near and far. Call us today for more information on how to protect your jewelry with a jewelry safe from Maximum Security Safes.