AMSEC B5800 Super Brute Standard Features
• Attractive design offers strong reliable welds to protect against burglary attacks and reduce possible leakage
• Additional spring-loaded relocking device, activated by a punching attack
• Lock and relocks are protected by a large carburized hardplate
• Attractive carpeted floor
• A handle activated locking mechanism consisting of three 1″ diameter locking bolts. Each one is drive resistant, chromed steel with a long throw.
• One piece heavy duty dead bar behind hinge prevents removal of door even if hinges are removed during a forced entry attempt.
• Designed to fit full body size, which greatly reduces any possible pry points.
• Doors are interchangeable within product group.
• Door jamb design is manufactured with state-of-the-art equipment, with built-in devices offering the ultimate protection against sledgehammer attack.
• ¾” solid steel plate door is standard.
• Large, convenient 10-3/4″ x 11-1/8″ door opening for bulky items.
• Oversize floor plate ensures strong installation in concrete.
• Flush cover plate
• Solid steel hinge mechanism using 3/8″ diameter steel hinge pins and internal mounting bolts.
• Lifetime Burglary Replacement Warranty
• 1 Year Parts & Labor
AMSEC B5800 Super Brute – Extra Large In-Floor Safe
As the largest member of AMSEC’s Super Brute Series Floor Safes the B5800 has super high capacity along with excellent burglar protection. And when installed properly in concrete it also provides excellent fire protection. The exemplary construction of this safe is a result of AMSEC’s 60+ years safe building experience. Quality and value has not gone unnoticed, we sell more B5800s than any other floor safe.
Floor safes such as the B5800 are great when space is at a minimum as they are installed in the floor, often in an out of the way place. Once installed add the included cover plate and cover with a section of carpet or rug. No one will even know it is there.
The B5800 and all the Super Brute Series safes have a heavy duty ¾” solid steel plate door measuring 10-3/4” x 11-1/8”. This large opening is convenient for bulky items. The door is locked solidly in place with three 1” diameter drive resistant locking bolts and a one piece heavy duty dead bar, all to prevent door removal in a forced entry attempt. All this makes for a heavy door, but don’t worry, it is accompanied by pistons which make lifting it open a breeze. When properly installed the safe is encased in concrete. Together the door and concrete installation provide trustworthy protection from both burglars and fire.
A UL Group 2 mechanical lock is standard with the B5800 floor safe. This is the lock you typically see in movies with the spin dial. It is a high security, highly reliable lock but does take some concentration and good light to dial in the three-digit combination. The safe can be upgraded to an easy to use ESL5 or ESL10 digital lock but keep in mind, electronic locks are vulnerable to water damage. Regardless of what lock you choose, it will be protected by a spring-loaded relocker and a large carburized hardplate.
In-floor safes such as the B5800 are an excellent solution for securing valuables you don’t need to get to often. Unless you enjoy doing deep knee bends and digging around in a dark hole they are not the best for frequently accessed valuables.
Due to the nature of in-floor, concrete installation these safes are susceptible to moisture problems. We highly recommend using a desiccant bag or silica gel can to protect moisture sensitive items. Ziplock bags or air tight plastic storage containers are also helpful. Also keep in mind, most floor safes are not water tight so your air tight bags and containers will protect in the case of water from above as well.
There is lots to think about when selecting the best safe for your needs. Give us a call, our Safe Experts are happy to take time with you on the phone to answer any questions and help ensure you get a safe that will provide the protection you are seeking. 800.538.0600