• Certified protection for all media types, including CDs, 8mm and 4mm cartridges, digital linear tape (DLT), linear tape-open (LTO), and removable hard drives
• Certified up to two hours for fire protection of computer media
• Double-door construction with internal seals prevent water damage from fire hoses and sprinklers
• Impact-resistant for 30-foot drops
• Explosion-tested designed to withstand temperature blasts of up to 2000°F
• Construction protects contents from magnetic interference
• Pick-resistant, seven-pin, dimple-key locks offer privacy and extra security
• Lifetime After Fire
• 3 Years Materials and Labor
With more than twice the interior space and twice the fire protection of the smaller model, the DC2002 is the second smallest in the Data Care 2000 Series by Phoenix Safes. This line is best in class for protecting all types of media, particularly electronic data that is extra sensitive to heat. Keeping the temperature below 125⁰F is critical to protecting this content.
We like 3rd party verification of manufacturer claims and Phoenix has provided this. Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL) has certified the DC2002 as UL Class 125 for 1 hour. Class 125 means the safe has been tested by experts at UL and kept the interior of the safe below 125⁰F. The other very popular UL fire rating is Class 350. Class 350 keeps the interior of the safe below 350⁰F which is too hot for digital media.
In addition to fire protection the DC2002 provides protection from water damage and is both impact-resistant and explosion tested. Double door construction with internal seals prevents water damage from fire hoses and sprinklers. The safe has been impact tested to verify seals and fireproofing insulation withstand typical amounts of falling debris as would be likely during a fire. Explosion testing confirms the safe withstands temperature blasts of up to 2000⁰F as is common in an explosion.
The DC2002 includes and easy to use key lock and capacity for the following.
36 – LTOs in cases
35 – DLT tapes
99 – CDs in cases
107 – 8mm cartridges
246 – 4mm cartridges
Ext. Dimensions: 23-5/8″ H x 18-1/2″ W x 18-1/2″ D
Int. Dimensions: 15″ H x 9-1/4″ W x 7-1/4″ D
Cubic Foot Capacity: 0.58
Weight: 238 lbs.
U.L. Fire Rating: Class 125-2 Hr.
Accessories: None Included
Nothing destroys pasts and threatens futures faster than fires.
Nothing protects them better than Phoenix!