BF® Standard Features
• U.L. Listed 1-Hr. 350°F fire rating. Tested at temperatures up to 1700°F*
• U.L. Listed Residential Security Container burglary rating
• “B” rated heavy duty construction
• Durable and attractive textured or gloss finish
• Lifetime fire replacement and one year parts and labor
• 3½” total thickness
• ½” plate steel with a unique proprietary fire and burglary resistant material
• Three 1″ diameter solid steel chrome-plated locking bolts
• Dual seal design, silicone foam seal with heat-expanding intumescent seal
• 2-5/8″ total thickness
• 1/8″ outer and inner steel plates
• Unique proprietary fire resistant material
• Full length dead bar
• Plush velour interior
• U.L. listed Group II lock with spring-loaded auxiliary relock device
• ¼” heavy duty carburized hardplate
• Heavy duty steel hinges
• One recessed anchor bolt hole and mounting hardware
• 1 Year Parts and Labor
• Lifetime Free Replacement of Safe due to Fire Damage
Proudly Made in the USA
As a member of AMSEC’s BF Security Series the BF1716 is solidly built in the USA to protect from both burglary and fire. We like its heavy steel construction and 1 hr UL fire label. The BF1716’s ½” solid steel plate door and double steel body will deter most any burglar.
The BF1716 is a winner when it comes to fire protection as well. AMSEC had this safe tested by UL and it successfully kept the interior of the safe below 350⁰ for a full 60 minutes. A fire label from Underwriter’s Laboratories is no small feat, they are the most stringent testing agency in the U.S.
The door is the most frequently attacked part of a safe. All together the BF1716 door is 3-1/2” thick including the ½” steel plate and the unique proprietary fire resistant material. The dual seal design combines a silicone foam seal with a heat-expanding intumescent seal that does an excellent job protection the interior of the safe from heat, smoke and water.
If an attacker goes after the side of the safe, if they get through the first layer of steel and fire resistant material they will be again slowed down by another 11-gauge layer of steel. Most burglars don’t have anywhere near enough time to work this long to get into a safe.
We stock the BF1716 safe with the convenient and easy to use ESL10XL digital lock. This lock has proved to be significantly more reliable and secure than most locks on the market today. UL has awarded it the Type 1 High Security rating required by safes used by jewelry stores and coin dealers. You easily set your own 6 digit code and can change that code any time you desire with a simple procedure.
These safes are made in the USA and while we stock them with hinges on the right side, we can order you a safe with hinges on the left as well. There is no additional charge.
The BF1716 is a nice looking collection as well. We have them built without any logos or stickers, just a nice clean front. They come in several textured and high gloss colors to accent or blend in with your decor as you prefer.