• 12-Gauge Steel
• 1-1/4″ Solid Steel Active Locking Bolts
• 4-Way Boltwork, Total of 12 Locking Bolts
• U.L. Listed Type 1 S&G Electronic Lock
• Drill Resistant Hardplate
• Auxiliary Relocking System
• Deluxe pistol pockets
• 4 Predrilled Mounting Holes (hardware included)
• Capacity: up to 16 guns
• Ext. Dimensions: 55″H x 24″W x 18″D
• Int. Dimensions: 53″H x 22″W x 12″D
• Weight: 390 lbs.
• Lifetime Against Fire
• One-Year Against Manufacture Defects
• Two-Years on all Replacement Parts, Except Digital Locks
• One-Year on Electronic Locks
Hollon’s HSG-16E is the larger of their Hunter Series Gun Safes and yet still a convenient height at only 55″ tall. With room for up to 16 guns this safe this is an excellent mid-sized gun safe. It comes with side shelves allowing the safe to be conveniently used for rifles on one side and miscellaneous valuables on the other, or remove the side shelves and fill it up with firearms.
Hollon has done an excellent job designing, building and pricing the Hunter Series. These safes are better than entry level quality at entry level prices.
The HGS-16E is constructed with 12-gauge steel and 1-1/2” solid steel active locking bolts. It is equipped with a U.L. Listed Type 1 S&G EMP Resistant electronic lock protected by drill resistant hard plate and an auxiliary relocking system. This safe is built tough, especially for the price.
The interior of the HGS-16E is lined with a plush fabric and incorporates Hollon’s multi-flex shelving system to maximum use of the interior space. The door is equipped with a convenient pistol pocket system for convenient access to handguns and spare rounds.
The floor of the safe has four pre-drilled mounting holes and associated hardware is included. We recommend putting this feature to use. At 290 lbs. the safe is at risk for two big guys dragging it out and bolt down makes it difficult if not impossible for a burglar to tip the safe onto it’s back to get more leverage in a pry attack.