• Certified protection for all media types, including CDs, 8mm and 4mm cartridges, digital linear tape (DLT), linear tape-open (LTO), and removable hard drives
• Certified up to two hours for fire protection of computer media
• Double-door construction with internal seals prevent water damage from fire hoses and sprinklers
• Impact-resistant for 30-foot drops
• Explosion-tested designed to withstand temperature blasts of up to 2000°F
• Construction protects contents from magnetic interference
• Pick-resistant, seven-pin, dimple-key locks offer privacy and extra security
• Lifetime After Fire
• 3 Years Materials and Labor
The largest in Phoenix Safe’s Data Care Collection, the DC2003 provides a generous amount of secure storage. This is an excellent solution for your especially heat sensitive items such as removable hard drives, CDs, and tape cartridges. The Phoenix name is known for quality and excellent customer service.
We like 3rd party verification of manufacturer claims and Phoenix has provided this. Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL) has certified the DC2003 as UL Class 125 for 1 hour. Class 125 means the safe has been tested by experts at UL and kept the interior of the safe below 125⁰F. The other very popular UL fire rating is Class 350. Class 350 keeps the interior of the safe below 350⁰F which is too hot for digital media.
In addition to fire protection the DC2003 provides protection from water damage and is both impact-resistant and explosion tested. Double door construction with internal seals prevents water damage from fire hoses and sprinklers. The safe has been impact tested to verify seals and fireproofing insulation withstand typical amounts of falling debris as would be likely during a fire. Explosion testing confirms the safe withstands temperature blasts of up to 2000⁰F as is common in an explosion.
The DC2003 includes and easy to use key lock and capacity for the following.
135 (in drawers) 168 (if loose) – LTOs in cases
108 – DLT tapes
444 – CDs in cases
198 – 8mm cartridges
336 – 4mm cartridges
Ext. Dimensions: 30-1/2″ H x 27-1/4″ W x 28-1/2″ D
Int. Dimensions: 19-1/2″ H x 15-1/2″ W x 16″ D
Cubic Foot Capacity: 2.8
Weight: 585 lbs.
U.L. Fire Rating: Class 125-2 Hr.
Accessories: 1 Shelf
Nothing destroys pasts and threatens futures faster than fires.
Nothing protects them better than Phoenix!